Workshops and Conferences
We are continouosly involved in organising conferences and workshops with various acadmeic and professional communities across different fields.
- We organised the first international Workshop on news Information Retrieval in conjunction with ECIR 2016 (NewsIR'16).
- We participate in Text Analytics Meetups in London, including giving a presentation at their 2015 Christmas Special.
- Signal presented work on duplicate detection in news search at the BCS Search Solutions 2015 as well as serving on the organising committee.
Seminars in Signal
We hold monthly seminars in our London-based headquarter.
- 08/06/2016, Never bored with recommendations: PhD, RankSys, Mendeley, Saul Vargas (Mendeley)
- 23/03/2016, JUICE: New Digital Creativity Support for Journalists, Neil Maiden (Cass Business School, City University)
- 09/03/2016, Word2Vec applications to Sponsored Search, Fabrizio Silvestri (Yahoo!)
- 27/01/2016, On Predicting Text Quality, Annie Louis (Unitversity of Essex)
- 06/01/2016, Teaching new dogs old tricks: End users interacting with intelligent machines, Simone Stumpf (City University)
- 11/11/2015, Lumi Social News: A smart and fun reader for personalised feeds of crowd-curated content, Gabriela Kazai (Lumi)
- 06/10/2015, Rumor Detection in Social Media, Arkaitz Zubiaga (Warwick University)