We collaborate with several of the best universities and research labs in the world. These collaborations have helped Signal Media to continue to research at the cutting-edge of information retrieval and machine learning, while providing academic collaborators with the opportunity to gain valuable commercial experience in a growing company.
- 2018 The Lloyds National Business Awards, Fujitsu A.I. Award
- 2018 Sunday Times Tech 100, Ones to watch
- 2018 The Europas, Tech Startup award
- 2016 Bloomberg Business Innovators List, Changing Industries - Signal Media and Essex University
- 2016 "KTP Initiative of the Year" at the Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards
- 2015 UK Innovate “Knowledge Transfer Partnership” programme, Best of the Best KTP prize
- 2015 ECIR best Demo Award
- ongoing: The UK Innovate “Knowledge Transfer Partnership” programme
- 2013-2015: The UK Innovate “Knowledge Transfer Partnership” programme
- 2014: EPSRC funded industrial studentship
Signal aims to grow its rich network through collaborations with external researchers in, but not limited to, the fields of Information Retrieval, Text Analytics, Machine Learning and Information Visualisation. Our collaborations provide both parties a great opportunity to learn and exchange knowledge.
- Darío Garigliotti is a PhD student at Universitetet i Stavanger in Norway. His work consists on exploring disambiguation for long-tail (uncommon or ambiguous) entities.
We collaborate with universities including UCL, Essex and City University to find placements for masters-level students. We have hosted several students in the past and are actively seeking new students. Past projects have included using deep learning to tackle both sentiment analysis and text summarisation; entity relationship extraction; and event detection in streaming news.
- Dwane Van Der Sluis is an MSc student at UCL in the UK working on Entity Saliency in the news.